Celebrity chat sessions
The MTV Movie and TV Awards is young Hollywood's biggest house party. So, of course, Hollywood's biggest stars are all video-chatting each other as they get ready for it.
Facebook posts, Snapchat filters, Twitter conversations, Instagram posts, Musical.ly performances. We covered the social scene, and got the #1 most social non-sports program of the day, +89 percent spike in organic conversation, and the number-one global trending hashtag on Twitter for 8hrs.
Official SnapChat Filter: 28M plays, 1.5M uses, and 13M views
The 2017 MTV Movie and TV Awards
The project: It was a major year for MTV's irreverent, anti-snobbery awards show.
It was the first movie or TV award show to get rid of gender divisions, and the first year TV was included in the mix.
The goal: The goal was to increase engagement with teens - who drive youth culture and by extension pop culture - across all MTV platforms.
- The #1 most social non-sports program of the day
- +89 percent spike in organic conversation
- 41 million video streams, up 40 percent
- 35.2 million streams on Facebook, up 92 percent
- The number-one global trending hashtag on Twitter for 8hrs on show day.
- Teen viewership grew 2 percent among teens and was up double-digits in share (up single digits in P12-34 demo).